The Daniels Corporation brings integrity, creativity and vision to every community we build. You see our commitment to excellence in every exquisite detail.
Over the past two decades, The Daniels Corporation has evolved into one of Canada’s foremost builder-developers, with a reputation for quality and integrity that has been reflected in the wide range of residential communities we have created over the years.
Company founder and CEO John Daniels has been a leader in the North American building industry for over 50 years. As Chairman of Cadillac Fairview Development Corporation, John Daniels participated in the creation of such Toronto landmarks as the Eaton Centre and the Toronto-Dominion Centre. He was also a moving force behind the ‘New Town’ of Erin Mills, the largest master-planned community in North America, before founding The Daniels Corporation in 1982.
Under the direction of a dynamic management team, Daniels has developed and built over 23,000 homes and apartments in a diverse range of master-planned communities throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA).
Daniels has been honoured with numerous prestigious industry awards such as:
- Home Builder Of The Year presented by the Building Industry and Land Development Association (BILD).
- High Rise Builder Of The Year presented by the Tarion Warranty Corporation.
- Builder Of The Year presented by EnerQuality Corporation for their energy efficient FirstHome™ Community in Erin Mills.
- Community Of The Year presented by BILD for the NY Towers Community at Bayview and Sheppard Avenues.
- Winner Of The Toronto Urban Design Award for One Cole Condominiums.
- Four-Time Winner Of Mississauga Urban Design Award. Awarded communities include No. 1 City Centre, The Capital Condominiums, One Park Tower and FirstHome™ Eglinton West.
- Best International Neighbourhood Renewal Program presented by The International Journal of Neighbourhood Renewal for the Regent Park Revitalization.
- Green Design Award For One Cole Condominiums presented at the 2010 Green Toronto Awards.
- Places To Grow Community Of The Year - High Rise, presented by BILD for the Regent Park Revitalization.
- Community Of The Year - Urban Award presented by the National Association of Home Builders for Cinema Tower Condominiums.
Did You Know
Daniels was chosen to partner with Toronto Community Housing to revitalize Regent Park – 69-acres in the heart of Toronto’s downtown. Daniels shares Toronto Community Housing’s vision of creating a healthy, sustainable community and looks forward to bringing new vitality to the whole of Toronto’s Downtown East neighbourhood.
Daniels partnered with renowned Filmmaker Ivan Reitman to build TIFF Bell Lightbox, the new home of the Toronto International Film Festival. Festival Tower, an elegant residential tower rises above TIFF Bell Lightbox - an international destination celebrating the world of film 52 weeks a year.
Daniels was the first developer to build rental housing in over 20 years through its innovative Gateway Rental Communities program.
Daniels has built a selection of FirstHome™ Communities throughout the GTA, designed to offer quality-built residences priced within the reach of first-time buyers.
Daniels FirstHome™ Erin Mills was the largest Energy Star® community built in North America.
Daniels has built a portfolio of state-of-the-art condominium and rental retirement residences in a continuing joint venture with Amica Mature Lifestyles™ Inc.
Daniels’ corporate philosophy embraces financial and hands-on generosity toward a number of charities and non-profit organizations such as the Regent Park School of Music, Second Harvest, Eva’s Initiatives and Habitat for Humanity.